I was getting ready to post my 2018 Instagram top 9 (pictured), as one does at this time of year, and while it highlighted some favorite moments 2018, there were quite a few highs that weren’t captured. So with that in mind - and because I've more or less neglected this blog (we're not going to talk about that right now) - I thought I’d also share my real life top 9!
Real life top 9:
(9) I got promoted to Senior Graphics & Digital Media Designer at my full time job and I couldn’t have been more stoked about it!! For those of you wondering, yes I do have a full time job in addition to CANDRAcreative, and I created a lot of really cool content this year with my team, so I wouldn’t trade it for a second!
(8) I designed a health calendar (with that same team) that was distributed across the state and my aunt called me the other day to tell me she saw one hanging in the hospital she works at, and idk why but honestly I just really feel like I’ve made it!
(7) I did in fact live my best life - as far as vacations were concerned, at least. In addition to two trips that pop up later on this list (no spoilers here), I visited Nashville on two separate occasions to visit friends, the latter of which also involved a quick road trip to Clemson for the December graduation. Highly recommend getting away. Where should I go next year?
(6) Somehow (and by somehow I mean because Jesus), I actually had money left over at the end of the year, which meant that for the first time I could actually buy Christmas gifts for my family! I had so much fun shopping intentionally and wrapping gifts for those closest to me, and then watching them open them via FaceTime or in person! As it turns out I love giving gifts! Again, who knew?
(5) I flew to Las Vegas for a little rest and relaxation. I stayed at the Wynn (highly recommend) and have been talking about going back since I left - their gym was solid, reading poolside under the sun in 70 degree temps was what my dreams are made of, and they had most comfortable beds I’ve ever slept in hands down. Also, local restaurants were pretty top notch.
(4) I filmed 10 weddings with my good friend Naomi over at Sparked Media Collective! I’ve gotten to be a part of one of the happiest day of people’s lives for 7 years now, first primarily through photography, but for the last couple of years primarily through videography and I absolutely LOVE it! Also, Naomi and I are pretty much your wedding film dream team (just saying) so book us!
(3) I started working out with a personal trainer at Studio Element, and then later in the year I went from in-person personal training to online personal training. Getting a personal trainer was one of the best decisions I made this year to be honest, and was key in me starting my road to better fitness and health. I’m so much more confident in the gym and have good workouts to follow and build on. Don’t get me wrong, I’m by no means a pro. At all. In the slightest. But I also don’t feel like a fool because I actually know what I’m doing. Plus I feel good about my progress and potential!
(2) My baby sister graduated high school and she and I road tripped to drop her off at college. COLLEGE. We chatted about all things college, study abroad, and careers, and I just want yall to know she has big dreams and a big heart! I can't wait to see how God uses her life to bring him glory and change the world. And if there's any way I can help her get to where she wants to be, you better believe I'll be lifting her up. I may or may not still be crying because I can’t believe how fast they grow up.
(1) I snuck away to Africa in August. Yep, you read that right. Africa. Your girl left the country for the first time and traveled all the way to Africa (Nigeria, specifically). For a photography assignment, no less. It was EVERYTHING, including evidence of God's grace and blessings in my life. I'm notoriously bad at blogging regularly (as you may have gathered with the lack of blog posts throughout 2018 - we're still not going to talk about it. it's fine), so here's to hoping I can get my act together in 2019! 🥂🍾